Duct Services in Melbourne, FL
Give us a call today: 321-345-3415
We offer proprietary steps in duct sealing and duct system installation!
Air Duct Sealing- We seal and insulate flex duct connections with a proprietary expanding foam. It offers an insulation R-value of 4.5 per 1” of thickness. It is nontoxic, fire rated and provides a permanent seal. The average contractor only uses mastic to seal duct connections, which offers no insulation. See the comparison below of sealing duct connections with mastic alone vs our expanding foam.
Ductwork Design- The most important part of a duct system is proper design. 80% of Duct systems we inspect are severely undersized causing major restrictions of the supply and return ducts. Undersized ductwork can cause many issues including; noisy air handler operation, motor failure, improper air flow to certain rooms, improper heating or cooling, moisture issues, bacteria growth and many more issues.
Free Duct Work Estimates- We evaluate the existing duct system for proper sizing, placement, circulation, insulation, and filtration. New duct systems include duct diagram, air flow calculation, and static pressure testing at completion.
Air Duct Testing
Testing air ducts for leaks is the starting point for repairing damaged ductwork. Call our Melbourne, FL experts to have your air ducts tested today, and we’ll discover what work you need done to make your HVAC system operate at peak efficiency.
We Offer the Following Ductwork Services in Melbourne Florida:
- New duct system design and installation
- Duct replacement and repair
- Re-insulating existing metal duct system
- Sealing of duct joints
- Duct board repair
- Adding return duct and grille
- New supply flex duct and grille
- Duct sanitization
- Blower wheel cleaning and replacement
- Blower motor speed programming
- New supply and return duct plenums
- Electronic and manual dampers
- Zoned duct systems
- Duct cleanings (We refer all duct cleanings to A Pro Services)
Our technicians are highly trained in ductwork design, installation and testing.
We offer FREE estimates on full duct system replacement.
*Technicians can not enter attics or crawl spaces when temperatures are above certain temperatures. Technicians can not enter attics or crawl spaces that are not easily accessible. This is for their safety to protect them from injury and to protect your home from damage.*
The Most Common Duct Issues We Encounter Include
- Crushed or stepped on duct work
- Ducting that is not attached properly
- Duct work that has holes, tears or is leaking air
- Ductwork missing insulation
- Ductwork missing insulation missing insulation
- Improperly designed ductwork with too small of a return
- Closed off supply vents to get more flow to other vents (Do Not Do This!)
- Too much static pressure in system
- Blocked air flow from pieces of insulation in ductwork
- Ductwork containing mold, mildew and large quantities of dust
- Blocked return vents, dirty filters or improper filtration
- Water accumulated in return ventilation from clogged drain line
Types of Ductwork
Flexible round duct is made out of a plastic interior hose encased in metal wiring and covered with fiberglass insulation. This is the most affordable type of duct system material. It is more susceptible to tears and leaks and does not last as long as metal ductwork. Lifespan of flexible duct is usually 15-30 years. The most common type of HVAC ductwork in residential Florida homes is flex duct.
METAL ROUND DUCT
Metal HVAC ductwork can last 50+ years if conditions are right. When insulation is degraded, the metal HVAC ductwork can be re insulated without replacing all of the ductwork. Metal ductwork can also be cleaned in certain applications. Metal HVAC ductwork is the most expensive type of duct system to have installed.
FIBERGLASS DUCT BOARD
Fiberglass Duct board is usually used in applications where supply boxes are fabricated. Duct board is a similar application to flex duct, but costs are increased due to more labor involved. Duct Board is fairly durable and usually has the same lifespan as flex duct. You should not clean the duct board. Cleaning can release large quantities of insulation and fiberglass into the air stream.
Duct Cleaning & Maintenance
The best method for keeping a clean duct system is prevention. Changing filters regularly is very important. Periodically changing your air filters will help prevent contaminant build up in the blower wheel, evaporator coil and duct work.
Air ducts are vital for health and comfort in your Melbourne, FL household. From the Space Coast to the Treasure Coast, the pros at Climate Experts Air and Heat are dedicated to providing duct services that will help your HVAC system run efficiently and effectively.
Call "Your Indoor Weathermen" today.
- One 24 point A/C Tune up
- One 18 point Heating Tune up
- Two Diagnostic Service Calls
- Two Pounds 410a refrigerant
The Titanium Plan
Our HVAC Maintenance Plan is designed to save you money over time on electric bills, repairs, and extend the life of your system.
- 10% Discount off of repairs
- 10% Discount off new system installation
- Priority Service
- Only $199 for 12 months of coverage